Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for scheduling of DAS and Ambulatory OR surgery/procedures cases on a daily basis, for both adult and pediatric patients. S/he provides support to front office operations to ensure smooth flow of patient care, but not limited to registration, scheduling, pre/post follow-up patient calls. Contact insurance providers to obtain preauthorization for surgical procedures and diagnostic testing. Actively participate in process improvement initiative to ensure the coordination of care.
Duties and Responsibilities _____
- Responsible for the coordination of all OR surgeries and procedures.
- Monitors front office workflow and make adjustment to ensure optimum delivery of service.
- Responsible for the Verification of patient demographics and obtaining pre-certification from insurance carriers for all OR surgeries and procedures.
- Responsible for obtaining patient medical clearance.
- Resolve patient issues or answer questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Places surgical confirmation calls 1 day in advance of scheduled surgery or procedure date.
- Schedules post-op follow up visits with providers.
- Liaison between referring physicians and surgeons for the communication of clinical data and to determine O.R. scheduling, etc.
- Trains and mentors other Surgical Scheduling Coordinator(s) or less senior staff within the unit.
- Collects and distributes appropriate paperwork to internal and external parties to coordinate the surgeries.
- Recording of hospital reservation and pre-admit data in CERNER system.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Requirements ______
Associate degree preferred
Experience Requirements ____________
3 years of scheduling experience, with 2 years of experience in a clinical setting, preferably in a medical practice environment.
Licensing and Certification Requirements
Certificate in Medical Technology
Certificate in ICD-9
Certificate in CPT coding