The Mount Sinai Health System
Job Class Code: Job Title: Quality Improvement Project Manager
Grade: Reports to: Senior Quality Improvement Manager
The Institute for Advanced Medicine’s (IAM) at Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) is a network of five HIV Primary Care Clinics, located across Manhattan, and serving over 10,000+ HIV positive individuals. The IAM’s Quality Improvement (QI) Program is a growing and robust initiative aiming to significantly improve health outcomes and contribute meaningfully to the Ending the Epidemic Initiative.
The QI Project Manager will work collaboratively with leadership and staff across the IAM and MSHS to manage QI projects. The QI Project Manager supports and coordinates project implementation for multiple initiatives including value-based payment contracts, patient experience, grant-funded quality initiatives, and the Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery (CTMS). S/he utilizes wide range of project management skills, improvement tools, and methodologies. This position reports directly to the Senior QI Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Acts as a liaison between IAM leadership and clinic staff, to coordinate QI program activities and training; to accomplish QI program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
2. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated improvement projects to ensure that goals of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
3. Collects and analyzes data to support project planning, implementation, and evaluation of improvement projects.
4. Monitors progress and success of improvement projects. Establishes work plans to monitor project deliverables and timelines. Confers with staff and leadership to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of project.
5. Builds and promotes positive working relationships with IAM staff to foster successful project implementation.
6. Maintains detailed records and documentation of project activities. Prepares project reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for various stakeholders including senior management, departmental leads, and outside funders.
7. Organizes, schedules, and facilitates QI related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials. Prepares and/or edits meeting minutes, presentations, and tables.
8. Recommends new ideas and concepts for program goals, projects, and resources to supplement, expand, or replace existing program components based on research of best practices.
9. Assists in the planning, coordination, and implementation of seminars, workshops, and trainings.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in public health, healthcare administration, or other health related field
Minimum of 3 years of combined professional experience and/or graduate-level education relevant to project management, data analysis/reporting, technical assistance, value-based payment initiatives, and quality improvement
Experience with statistical software packages (Minitab, SPSS, STATA, etc.) preferred
General Skills and Competencies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
· Project management experience with an emphasis on quality improvement
· Willingness and proven ability to quickly learn new skills and acquire knowledge in order to perform job effectively
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Excellent follow-through skills, self-motivated and detail-oriented
· Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects, issues, and priorities effectively and simultaneously with attention to detail
Describe Work Environment
General office environment