Strength Through Diversity. Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Knowledge of laboratory tests and specimen collection.
· Prior experience preferred in specimen handling and accessioning.
· Handles various types of patient specimens: blood, urine, stool etc…
· Prepares specimens for testing on site or referenced lab.
· Clerical responsibilities, filing, prints, faxes reports.
· Answers the telephone, prints, faxes reports and communicates results to physicians and other authorized medical personnel, observes HIPPA regulation.
· Meet deadlines, multi-tasking, data entry into the laboratory information system, attention to detail.
· Professionalism, attention to detail, organization, dependability.
· Computer proficiency required.
· Effectively interact with nursing and medical staff.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma, Some college preferred
· Ability to handle multiple priorities.
· Accurate and advance data entry skills and computer proficiency -Able to pass skills test.
· Computer Proficiency (Word and Excel), Knowledge of medical terminology required. Excellent written and oral communication, Effective interpersonal and communication skills and excellent telephone etiquette, professional and courteous attitude, excellent customer service skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health
System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common
devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the
city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you
join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.