Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- WEST VILLAGE CANCER CENTER ADMINISTRATION
REQ # 81288
- Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs.
- Oversees the daily operation of department. This may include creating and implementing production schedules, and/or tracking and reporting systems, managing the day to day workload of team members, as well as identifying and resolving issues that arise.
- Establishes goals and objectives for each department that are consistent with Mount Sinai Hospital or School of Medicines policies and federal, state and local regulations. This may include defining the scope of specific departmental projects, and analyzing requirements to execute those projects successfully.
- Defines and documents procedures, identifies process and workflow changes for continuous improvement and implements best practices for greater efficiency within department, unit or division. Provides process improvement assistance when needed, and evaluates and develops logical work flows where applicable.
- Collaborates with the division head or chairman to develop short term and long range plans. Also serves as primary point-of-contact for interdepartmental communications, where applicable, in order to maintain standards, implement improvements, define and measure progress and meet business objectives.
- Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, placement and orientation of all faculty and/or staff.
- Reviews and approves all reclassifications, new positions and salary increases. Directs and coordinates the performance appraisal system for all faculty, professional staff and biweekly employees. Provides feedback on a regular basis. Identifies opportunities for continuing education and provides training. May design in house training materials and train employees when necessary.
- Provides oversight to management staff to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards.
- Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
- May be responsible for developing annual training schedules, and creating multi-disciplinary training curriculum throughout the Medical Center, if applicable, and is also responsible for maintaining records pertaining to those training sessions.
- Encourages collaboration among divisions to effectively coordinate and implement operational activities; facilitates and encourages effective communications across functional areas.
- May be responsible for creating, reviewing and/or updating institution- wide policies and procedures pertaining to department specific goals and objectives.
- Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department, unit or division.
- Assures the financial systems are in place to properly run the department. Ensures compliance with MSMC policies and procedures.
- Implements quality assurance programs and oversees monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Commission of Accreditation Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and New York State and City Department of Health.
- Chairs department committees and participates in hospital committees as assigned.
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years minimum of experience in health care finance or administration; experience in strategic planning and execution, formulating policy, building and developing financial plans, managing resources and leading successful teams