Strength Through Diversity
The Office Supervisor is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day front–end operations of an ambulatory practice. Working under the direction of the Practice Manager, the Ambulatory Practice Supervisor is responsible for implementing and maintaining MSHS policies and procedures related to front-end practice operations, including Patients First! service standards and staffing models.
The Office Supervisor is responsible for supervising the front-end staff in the practice,
and for performing any of the related roles as staffing contingencies require.
The Supervisor oversees the patient registration and front desk reception
check-in processes, work queue management, checkout and clerical functions, patient
appointment and surgical scheduling, authorization management, addresses
patient concerns, report running and management, and participates in gathering
information on customers’ perceptions and preferences.
- Monitors and assist staff with their day-to-day activities including patient appointment and surgical scheduling, call volumes and surge treads, along with strict adherences to department service standards.
- Review staff appointment scheduling for accuracy and completeness to maintain the highest levels of right appointment at the right time with the right physician. When needed, communication with the Practice Manager or members of the Medical Team to handle any scheduling decisions.
- Assists the Practice Manager and Department Administrator in the preparation of daily, monthly and year-end reporting.
- Collaborates with the Practice Manager to develop onboarding and training materials and scheduling guidelines, along with continued training of staff with all front-end responsibilities.
- Maintains high quality levels of customer service and data integrity in the management of patient calls – monitoring performance using the Automated Call Distribution and Par8to referral database standardized reports and working with staff to ensure understanding of software procedures.
- Provides next level of guidance and assistance with escalated MyChart calls.
- Ensures appropriate reimbursement for services. Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for staff members on insurance verification and co-pay collection procedures.
- Works with the Practice Manager for all recruitment, onboarding, training and practice staff management and oversight for all full time and temporary staffing needs.
- Provides other support to the Practice Manager and Department Administrator, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required
Previous experience in a customer service role, supervisory role, and healthcare setting strongly preferred.