Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Associate Researcher is an entry laboratory research position, responsible for conduct of routine and standardized experiments using techniques specific to the assigned research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or a senior researcher. This individual assists in the interpretation of research outcomes and may be responsible for lab and clerical support. S/he analyzes and assists in interpreting research outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under direct supervision, conducts routine and standardized experiments using appropriate research techniques specific to subject matter of the research project.
2. Analyzes and assists in interpreting laboratory results.
3. Performs assays to support research studies.
4. Maintains laboratory environment and assists in the upkeep of appropriate inventory; may include ordering of supplies.
5. Logs and tests samples; prepares and submits laboratory materials and specimens for shipment.
6. Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation.
7. Performs other related duties.
Bachelors degree in science or related field preferred, or combination of relevant research experience and education
0-2 years of research/laboratory experience
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
MS Office Suite (please check one): (basic) (intermediate) (advanced)
Other: Entry proficiency in appropriate laboratory technique
General Skills and Competencies
1. Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills
2. Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills