Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Plumber Mechanic- Engineering- Requisition #81424
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the installation, alteration and maintenance of plumbing, gas and heating piping and fittings and fixture, sprinkler and standpipe systems in accordance with NYC Plumbing Code and laws of the Department of Health to inspect, and to supervise repair of same
- Plans, from blueprints, specifications or from field investigation, the method of alteration installation of repair of all water, steam, gas and vacuum piping systems and fixtures
- Determines and places requisition materials needed
- Supervises and aids in the completion of the work
- Supervises alteration, installation and maintenance of all water cooling machinery in connection with air conditioning, ice making, x-ray equipment, etc., according to laws of NYC Dept. of Health and Plumbing Dept
- Consults with outside contractors and department heads in planning, estimating and coordinating work in connection with above trades
- Files plans, specifications and affidavits with Department of Housing and Building and arranges for inspection and approval of same
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of all water, sewage, gas, steam and vacuum systems, loss of which would seriously hamper hospital activities
- Responsible for following a preventive maintenance system of regular inspection, and scheduling of repairs before serious breakdown of equipment
- Responsible for work of subordinate employees
- Works from blueprints, specifications, sketches and oral instructions, with cooperation of Assist. chief Engineer
- Trains and directs others four in the above work
- Uses ordinary hand tools of the trade, including large size, also vise powered cutting, bending, threading machines
- Displays considerable judgment and initiative involved in estimating for, and planning jobs and schedules
- Accompanies government officials on inspection tours
- Recommends hiring or termination of employees in own trade
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum of ten years plumbing trade experience
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
Microsoft Office - Beginner
General Skills and Competencies:
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.