Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
School of Nursing - #81442
Per Diem Instructor Nursing - School of Nursing - Full Time Days
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for facilitating student learning and evaluating the theoretical and clinical learning experiences. Participates in formulating and implementing the philosophy, conceptual framework and objectives of the school
- Performs all activities related to the educational program
- Selects and guides learning experiences in accordance with course objectives
- Utilizes appropriate instructional modalities in teaching
- Augments knowledge and skills in area of teaching responsibility
- Fosters a climate conducive to learning
- Participates in the selection of appropriate texts for courses
- Teaches in assigned courses or classes as scheduled
- Identifies students learning needs relevant to course objectives
- Participates in selection of clinical units which facilitates student learning
- Selects clinical assignments aimed at correlating theory with clinical practice
- Conducts pre and post conferences which enhance student learning
- Observes and guides students in carrying out their clinical assignments
- Maintains progress reports for all assigned students
- Participates in preparation, administration and analysis of examinations
- Reviews students’ overall progress with course faculty
- Attends all course meetings.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical nursing experience in a relevant health care agency. Clinical expertise in area(s) of responsibility. Teaching experience in an Associate Degree Program preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.