Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Facilities Administration - Real Estate - Mount Sinai West
Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Design and Construction
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) role, reporting to the Senior Director or Director of Construction, will monitor every phase of a construction project (up to $50M) from inception to occupancy, primarily in the health care environment.
- Conceptualizes projects, prepares feasibility studies and develops RFPs for hospital administration
- Develops space programs, designs fit plans to meet the needs of user departments
- Coordinates the activities of outside architectural and engineering design consultants on larger projects
- Manages the A/E team, prepares cost estimates, prepares Certificate of Need documentation, as well as being the liaison between the consultants and user groups
- Ensures that the A/E team is meeting all regulatory requirements and that the budget and schedule are adhered to
- Monitors the progress of moderate to difficult construction relative to schedule, cost and quality
- Effectively monitors contractors safety management program including PPE, ILSMs and ICRA
- Effectively monitors activities of construction schedule as the Owner’s representative
- Minimizes the disruption to hospital patients, staff and service due to construction
- Reviews bid documents, drawings and coordinates pre-bid activities
- Conducts periodic project management meetings with architectural and engineering consultant, contractors, subcontractors and user clients
- Makes timely decisions in the field as unexpected conditions arise
- Monitors contractor’s performance for compliance with plans and specifications and applicable codes
- Reviews and approves applications for payment, change orders and purchase requisitions
- Schedules shut down, tie-ins and in-house activities with Engineering
- Coordinates with Architect and Users on furniture an finish selections
- Coordinates and schedules work with other departments
- Coordinates move-in activities with user departments move coordinators
- Maintains complete project files through project close out
- Informs supervisor of status and issues of construction projects
- Examines construction work, reports findings, follows up with corrective work and prepares and monitors punch lists
- Responsible for managing costs to budget using standardized finance report
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years’ experience with emphasis on health care design and construction.
- Should have the capabilities to run a construction project, if required.
- Autocad experience a plus.
- Valid NYS architecture registration or professional engineering license preferred
- The SPM should be a creative person with architecture or engineering background who is detail oriented, organized, has excellent communication skills, and excellent oral and written capabilities.
- Should have experience in the design and construction of hospitals and health care facilities, as well as in commercial design and construction and should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Should be well versed in NYC Building Codes, as well as the appropriate NFPA codes.