Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Audio Visual Analyst
The AV Analyst supports and maintains in-house audio-visual equipment, video conference and collaboration technologies. Core areas of the role include; maintaining, distributing and installing a variety of multimedia devices. This role will be assigned to provide direct support to specific sites and will provide exceptional customer support as needed throughout the Mount Sinai Health System.
- Identify and deliver required audio-visual service levels according to company policies and user requirements.
- Set up, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot video teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment.
- Receive and respond to incoming tickets, calls, and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
- Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Initiates video call connectivity and provides technical assistance during videoconferencing and remote site support for self-serve models.
- Handle incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup through the IT service desk ticketing process.
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions for technical failure issues during presentations and conferencing to allow for minimal downtime and continuity of the event.
- Transport AV equipment throughout the facility using mobile carts or by carrying to location.
- Provides support to client in the assisted and independent use of audiovisual equipment to provide for high quality communication of information during all types of conferences and meetings.
- Provides for videography and non-linear editing in the production of medical teaching, clinical instruction, and client administrative productions.
- Provides duplication and format conversion of content from multiple media sources.
- Provides after hours event audiovisual support across the MSHS.
Education & Certification
B.A. or equivalent intensive experience in Mass Communications or related fields of study, electronics background a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, web conferencing applications, presentation, and other AV hardware/applications, including Polycom, Tandberg codecs, Polycom Real Presence Applications, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Arkadin and Zoom applications, etc.
- Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with LCD projectors, PC interfaces, Document cameras, video scaler and converters, and AV switching interfaces.
- Good knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards, including PRI, BRI, ISDN, WAN, LAN connection networks, H.261, H.323, H.264 protocols, Windows OS, MAC OS, MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into AV hardware products and issues as required.
- Understanding of the MSHS goals and objectives.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Able to independently problem solve in the field
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Requisite flexible hours, including possible weekends.
- Coverage of multi-site locations
- Sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other AV equipment components.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, including mobile carts, monitors and video conferencing codecs.