Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Academic Informatics & Technology- Req # 81488
Director of AV & Learning Environments
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director of Information Technology, the Director of AV and Learning Environments leads a team focused on providing AV & multimedia consultation and services to constituents across the Mount Sinai. This role will lead the design and delivery of audio visual services, multimedia and collaboration technologies, and the integration of technology-rich learning spaces within the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides leadership to the AV/multimedia support teams residing at all hospitals and campuses across MSHS, leading various personnel activities, including performance evaluation, team development, and mentorship.
2. Partners with academic, research, and administrative management and stakeholders to provide innovative audio visual solutions that promote easy to use in-room collaboration technologies.
3. Acts as program manager and oversees all AV implementation projects and initiatives across MSHS. Provide liaison between project architects, technology consultants, project committees, and staff through all phases of large project design and ensure that institutional planning strategies and objectives are incorporated into the plans.
4. Quickly develops and documents in-depth knowledge of existing AV and collaboration infrastructure and technology portfolio.
5. Serves as a key a point of contact for the escalation and rapid resolution of AV technology issues for the user community.
6. Acts as a key management and technical interface to counterparts supporting IT infrastructure across MSHS, most particularly in the areas of networking and IT security.
7. Collaborates with counterparts supporting academic systems to ensure effective technology solutions in classrooms and learning spaces.
8. Acts as a key management and technical interface to outside integrators and contractors in support of technology installation and ensures that as-built documentation is provided.
9. Conducts research on emerging technologies and recommends technologies that will improve ease of use, performance, reliability, cost effectiveness, and infrastructure flexibility.
10. Documents and develops asset inventory management policies and practices.
11. Creates, communicates and manages project plans and other required project documentation and provides updates as necessary to senior leadership.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelors degree in a related technology discipline and 7 years of enterprise AV and collaboration experience.
2. Demonstrated history of effectively managing full-time technology staff and adhering to institutional HR best practices.
3. Prior experience implementing and supporting AV and collaboration solutions in an academic and/or health sciences environment.
4. A strong track record of managing teams under specific deadlines.
5. Strong familiarity with ITIL service management and project management principles.
6. Experience interacting with and directing outside system integrators and contractors.
7. Hands-on experience with a variety of digital collaboration and communication tools, including video conferencing (e.g., Polycom), cloud-based collaboration systems (e.g., Zoom) and lecture capture systems (e.g., Echo 360).
8. Extensive knowledge of control systems (Crestron & Extron), audio and video signal flow, amplifiers, microphones, HD cameras, room scheduling systems, and related AV components.
9. Substantial knowledge of supporting technologies, including networking, DNS, Active Directory, Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Mobile OS, and IT security principles.
Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent project management, analytical, leadership, and organizational skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
3. Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
4. Ability to effectively interface with a diverse community of end users and constituents.
5. Excellent customer service and support skills.
6. Self-motivated, able to multi-task and to excel in a fast-paced academic and health sciences environment.
7. Ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.