Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
REQ - 81539
Reporting to the Chief Facilities Officer of the Mount Sinai Health System, the Vice President Infrastructure and Special Projects directs many construction and engineering functions in support of the achievement of strategic goals and objectives of the system. Major areas of responsibility include major capital project delivery, utility budgeting, energy procurement, maintenance contract procurement, facility infrastructure renewal, regulatory agency compliance, and data center infrastructure (electric/HVAC) systems. In addition, the position assists the Senior Vice President of Support Services in the management of the system Engineering Departments to ensure facilities are in compliance with all codes and regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
1. In conjunction with the Chief Facilities Officer and members of Senior Management participates in the development of facility capital planning and physical plant renewal for the health system to provide an environment which is safe for patient care, aesthetically pleasing, and conducive to the support of the research, clinical and teaching functions.
2. In conjunction with the Planning, Design and Consturction department direct various major construction activities within the system ensuring budget, scope and schedule are kept and/or communicate to Senior Management any changes to such. Ensures reporting is timely, accurate and compliant with all state, local and federal regulatory requirements.
3. Directs all physical plant renewal projects within the system ensuring facility reliability, code compliance and a safe environment of care. Ensures reporting is timely, accurate and compliant with all state, local and federal regulatory requirements.
4. Directs the activities of the physical plant (i.e. HVAC systems, normal and emergency power, and building envelope) for the Information Technology department’s data centers and data closets throughout the system.
5. Provides guidance and counsel to Senior Management on various multi-year energy procurement strategies to ensure utility operating budgets are sheltered from the volatile energy markets. Develops annual utility budgets for the system to ensure monthly accuracy for Finance department planning.
6. Provides guidance and counsel to various departments (i.e. Planning, Design and Construction, Real Estate Facilities, and Administration) on infrastructure needs for regulatory compliance and to ensure a safe/comfortable environment of care.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
MINIMUM RELATED EXPEREINCE REQUIRED: