Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Mount Sinai is one of the largest U.S. health systems with a strong reputation for quality of care and research/education. We have ~40,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care each year for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
Mount Sinai Health Partners is seeking a dynamic Director of Community Innovation and Partnerships to develop programs that lead to improved health outcomes and more efficient use of resources for attributed populations. The Director leads a team that collaborates with patients, key stakeholders throughout the health system and community to ensure successful design and execution of innovative programs and partnerships that solve problems related to social determinants of health. The Director is responsible for nimbly advancing initiatives through the innovation life cycle which includes research, design, development, approvals, launch, evaluation, and scaling. The Director reports to the CMO and COO, Population Health.
1. Works with the CMO and COO, Population Health to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve value-based contract performance through collaborative initiatives.
2. Develops short term and long range goals and objectives for the department that will drive improvements in the patient delivery system that are innovative, effective, and provide exceptional quality care.
3. Partners with Community Based Organizations (CBOs), payers, and other groups within Mount Sinai Health Partners and the health system on strategy development, including identifying and prioritizing improvement opportunities, evaluating proof of concepts/partner options and collaborating on program plans.
4. Develops detailed financial models and value analyses
5. Leads due diligence of potential partners
6. Leads and assists the negotiations of partnerships and definitive documentation
7. Secures resources for new programs by writing grants and cultivating new funding sources
8. Develops processes and infrastructure to successfully execute new programs, ensuring the strategy is complete, clearly articulated, kept current, and is effectively communicated with all appropriate stakeholders.
9. Develops, facilitates, and manages relationships with key stakeholders in the health system and payer community.
10. Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, placement and orientation of CIP department members.
11. Oversees the daily operation of department, including managing work assignments and identifying and resolving issues, conducting performance appraisals, employee development, training and feedback.
12. Ensures data is collected, analyzed, reported, and used to assess and improve CIP programs.
13. Ensures routine documentation of services, workflows, team processes, etc. to build capabilities and efficiency with the organization. Implements best practices and provides process improvement assistance when needed. Evaluates and develops logical work flows where applicable.
14. Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Assures the completion of the annual budget and financial monitoring.
15. Active member of the Clinical Operations Leadership Team representing CIP.
16. Serves as primary point-of-contact for CIP
17. Promote a culture of high standards, expectations and continuous improvement
IV. EDUCATION REQUIRED
Masters Degree in Public Health or other related degree with a working knowledge of Hepatitis C and Drug User Health.
V. EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Master’s Degree in Public Health or Related Field Preferred
Computer competency in MS Word, Excel, Access, and webinar platforms preferred. Basic skills in social medial platforms: Facebook, Twitter, etc
The ideal candidate will have experience working in Hepatitis C/Drug User Health programs and/or curriculum development experience.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Strength Through Diversity