· Duties: Blood Bank (other areas as assigned)
· Performs all lab tests and procedures as they pertain to the specific activities of the blood bank: ABO/Rh typing, Antibody screening, Cross matches, auto/directed units, DAT testing
· Must perform maintenance, troubleshooting procedures as required.
· Performs Quality control as required
· Knowledge of Blood Bank automation a plus
· Knowledge of Hematology procedures a plus but not required
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager
· NYS Licensed Medical Technologist
· BS degree required in Science. ASCP preferred – Experience preferred.
· Strong background in Blood bank procedures
· Computer literate, excellent communication
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we are as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!