Strength Through Diversity.
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs designated clerical duties, including but not limited to:
- Coordinates patient admissions, discharges and transfers with team members, report beds
- Maintains computer system in patient area, records and maintains minutes, care/service and data entry
- Reports/notices/orders, schedules appointments, reviews test schedules, schedules post discharge appointments
- Communicates discharges and transfers with support services
- Obtains forms, assembles records, and manage patient record maintenance, transcribes as needed
- Meet/greet patients/families/visitors; orients patients/families to the floor
- Follows up on general needs of patients and families
- Heavy telephone responsibility; performs receptionist duties essential to the operation of patient care as directed
- Orders and maintains appropriate clerical stock and supplies and appropriately utilizes supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner
- Notifies and communicates with MD/RN and other staff when necessary regarding stat and urgent situations
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and be detail oriented.
- Previous experience in a hospital setting and experience as a unit secretary preferred.
- Ability to work independently. Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer proficiency
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health
System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common
devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the
city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join
us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.