Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
ADMITTING - Req #81875
Job Title: Supervisor Admitting
Provides supervision of activities performed on weekend and holiday evenings by the clerical staff of the Admitting Department
- Ensures appropriate and timely assignment of beds
- Assists when necessary
- Monitors bed availability and alerts appropriate personnel of bed crunch situation
- Monitors Discharge Voice Mail line and verifies discharge log hourly
- Checks expiration log, at beginning of shift, for outstanding cases and follow-up
- Facilitates processing of Post Mortem cases
- Reviews all logs, at middle and end of shift, to verify that all Mds’/house staff have been called for admissions/transfers
- Runs maternity/nur. Log q and reconciles to log
- Verifies beds on each nursing unit and reconciles nightly census
- Completes midnight census report and faxes to appropriate to appropriate personnel
- Contacts OR or physician of discrepancy
- Ensures an accurate admissions list for the following day
- Supervises and monitors accurate preparation of next day's charts
- Works with evening Nursing Supervisor to facilitate admissions, transfers and discharges
- Ensures that all appropriate patients for next day's admissions/ambulatory surgery have been called
- Monitors productivity of work and ensures timely and accurate processing of plates/facesheets to floors
- Completes all reports/projects as assigned by manager and/or Director
Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements. Associate Degree or the equivalent.
Previous supervisory experience in hospital setting.
Developed interpersonal and customer service skills.
Computer experience, knowledge Microsoft - Intermediate