Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Development Disability Center General (MSSL) - Req Number: 81895
Job Title: Social Worker Assistant
To perform the following tasks and clinical functions in an efficient and cost-effective manner as assigned in order to help patients/families/significant others respond to their treatment needs; psychosocial screening and assessment, discharge planning, linkage to community resources, crisis intervention, patient/family counseling and psycho-educational philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
- Gathers information on social problems through interviews with patients, families, community representatives and hospital personnel.
- Helps patient in solving problem when problem and solution are clear and uncomplicated by psychological difficulties.
- May assist patient/families on complex problems under close supervision
- Helps patients/families to meet concrete needs such as obtaining services, housing, or employment.
- May assist in obtaining medical equipment and support services.
- Gathers information about community resources and services and makes appropriate referrals with liaison and follow-up.
- Assists hospital staff, patients, and families in discharge planning.
- Perform specific assignments relevant to particular program.
- Conduct unsupervised home and community visits.
Bachelors Degree required.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Related experience in the social service and/or health care field, preferably one year in a medical setting. When service needs dictate, applicant must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish). May require experience with specific populations. 2 years’experience working with children with Serious Emotional Disturbance. Home and community visits are required.