Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
General Surgery Physicians - #81922
Administrative Assistant II – General Surgery – Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities:
Basic level support to the manager or supervisor as related to day to day operations of the office or department. Duties include reception, word processing, entry level spreadsheet preparation, data entry, minutes taking, mail service, photocopying and other duties as required.
- Assists manager or supervisor with day to day office operation tasks.
- Reception duties, appointment and calendar maintenance, with appropriate message taking.
- Word processing, basic Excel, data entry and other applications as required.
- Performs mail pickup and department distribution.
- Other duties as requested by department.
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Science or related field, or HS/GED plus two years of related experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3 years administrative or medical office experience required.
- Bilingual (English/Mandarin,Cantonese OR Spanish) required.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.