Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Patient Experience –Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Patient Experience, the Patient Engagement Manager develops, implements, and manages patient experience improvement initiatives. This position oversees the Patient Experience Coach and collaborates with the other Patient Experience team throughout the system to assure consistent approach to improving the patient experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategy and implementations of engagement initiatives for improvement for patients, leaders, physicians and employees.
- Manages the Patient Experience Coach; ensures development of positive, honest and meaningful relationships with frontline staffs, supervisors, and leadership.
- Collaborates with and actively coaches select areas and/or departments including/involving senior leadership, department managers, and frontline staff to develop and implement strategies and action plans to improve the patient experience and performance on surveys.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and department managers to develop reporting mechanisms and communication processes to assure all stakeholders are aware of, engaged in, and fully support patient experience improvement strategies.
- Effectively utilizes patient experience data and comments from a variety of sources (patient surveys, thank you letters, focus groups, advisory councils, complaint information, direct observation, manager/staff perspectives) to motivate and encourage team members.
- Ensures appropriate employee and department recognition of patient experience excellence through use of internal recognition programs and development of informal approaches to team and staff recognition.
- Utilizes knowledge of patient experience surveys and scores to develop and implement targeted training, coaching, and tactics.
- Responsible for building and supporting Patient and Family Advisory Councils and driving patient partnerships with our organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent office experience
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.