Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care
- At least one year of acute care RN experience required; extraordinary New Graduate RN’s will be considered
- Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice is critical for success; new graduates should possess current knowledge of the nursing of the nursing care delivery model and its application
- Medical / Surgical RN experience preferred
- BLS / BCLS certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions
- Exception: Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing graduates considered for identified specialized areas of practice; Current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire is required for consideration
- The Clinical Nurse – Med/Surg (M/S) is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
- As an Adult Medical Surgical Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for managing the care of the adult patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
- Provides direct, continuous care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process - based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- The Adult Med/Surg RN reports directly to the Medical Surgical Nurse Manager.