Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Project Manager primarily supports the Chief Medical Officer with various clinical safety/quality initiatives and projects. The position will provide operational, administrative, and project management support, including developing project plans, monitoring adherence, and reviewing and facilitating progress toward deliverables.
Responsibilities may include reviewing, developing and preparing reports, validating and analyzing report data, managing meeting agenda and minutes, preparing updates to hospital leadership, and participation in ad-hoc projects as needed.
This position requires strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills, time management, project management, project coordination experience and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
The Project Manager will be expected to:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
- Participate in and coordinate efforts for ongoing site and system-level quality initiatives, including reduction of hospital acquired infections, readmissions, and excess days
- Track project plans and review/communicate progress, deadlines, results, required actions and data sets
- Coordinate meetings and facilitate collaboration across internal departments
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, including consultants and other outside vendors.
- Escalate issues and delays accordingly.
- Provide regular updates & reports performance in all forums (external/internal) related to requirements
- Develop reports to display the data using a variety of reporting tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Organize requests for data and reports
- Collaborate with stakeholders across MSHS and MSSL
- Track and trend patient care outcomes to identify opportunities.
- Use critical thinking skills to complete thorough review of data.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of quality metric requirements
- May have supervisor of more junior project or administrative staff, depending on department
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required; Master's Degree preferred
5 years of relevant experience; project management experience preferred