Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
MRI Technician – Radiology MRI – Full Time Evenings
Roles & Responsibilities:
Operates specialized MRI imaging equipment to produce clinical diagnostic images, as directed by physicians. Performs MRI studies of anatomical areas as ordered/directed, according to established standards and procedures.
- Performs MRI imaging procedures.
- Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and the patients’ needs.
- Operates and/or prepares specialized equipment to perform magnetic imaging procedures.
- Positions patients and associated coils to obtain optimum study.
- Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure, the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may need.
- Ensures all radiographic images are appropriately labeled as specified by the department SOP.
- Evaluates images for technical acceptability and ensures images are transmitted to PACS in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that all studies performed are completed in IDX (Radiology Information System) in a timely fashion.
- Ensures Radiology room and equipment cleanliness, at the start and at the end of the shift, to include removal of soiled or dirty linen.
- Scans patient related documents
- Maintains supplies and accessories in radiographic room necessary to safely perform duties, as required.
- Accurately records all required patient tracking information into IDX (Radiology Information System).
- Schedules exams into IDX (Radiology Information System) as required.
- Informs supervisor or appropriate personnel of needed repairs to equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Assists physician directly as required.
- Calls for in-patients as required.
- Supervises radiology students assigned to his/her clinical area.
- Performs related clerical duties in the absence of support personnel.
- Maintains safety standards via strict adherence to safety guidelines in order to prevent the introduction of ferromagnetic material into the scan room.
- Protects self, patients, and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Attends in-services and other professional development meetings as required.
- Maintains in good standing, licensure specific to job to include adherence to Article 35 of the Public Health Code.
- Graduate of an AMA/J.C.E.R.T. approved program in Radiologic Technology
- Strong background in cross sectional anatomy, physical sciences and M.R. physics.
- License in Diagnostic Radiology, and/or A.R.R.T. MRI registry. Issuing Agency: New York State.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.