Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Clinical Lab Administration (MSBI) - Req Number: 82198
Job Title: Systems Analyst II
The Systems Analyst II helps in the evaluation of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g., new, enhancements or maintenance), in the preparation of application system specifications, and in the development, testing and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions. They will also perform application support including but not limited to: installation, maintenance, trouble shooting and enhancement. Support the laboratory information system (LIS) under the direction of the Laboratory Information System Manager. Participate in the testing and validation of IT projects with a laboratory component throughout the health system.
Primary Application: This position will support software and coordinate infrastructure and interface support for a suite of clinical ancillary applications including, but limited to, the pathology applications used throughout the MSHS laboratories. This includes Sunquest, SCC Softlab, Powerpath and all associated modules. These systems are used by the various laboratories for ordering, processing, resulting, and reporting on all pathology specimens.
- 2+ years of Information Technology experience in system analysis and design, programming, development, maintenance, enhancement and support.
- Knowledgeable in HL7 interfaces and message structure.
- Healthcare experience preferred, including hospital and clinical applications.
- Familiarity with healthcare workflows and terminology desirable.
- Strong ability to document testing and troubleshooting results and processes.
- Working knowledge of a Clinical Pathology laboratory’s practices and terminology is preferred.
- Experience with Sunquest and / or SCC Softlab, Powerpath or other dedicated laboratory information systems is required.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information systems Microbiology and Blood Bank Modules preferred.
- Ability to support downstream system teams and manage LIS projects with IT component.
- Ability to understand and satisfy all regulatory measures related to Clinical Pathology IT practices. (JCAHO, State agencies, FDA, Meaningful Use, ICD10, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with Lab, IT management, and team members.
- Familiarity with Report writing and expertise in MS Office applications.
- Ability to perform LIS Builds, maintenance and support.
- Ability to maintain monitoring systems for data and system integrity.
- Ability to track tasks, and meet timelines and submit status reports to IT Management.
- Familiarity with Server structure and operating systems.
- Familiarity with Network and connectivity processes.
- Backup jobs, scheduling, rescheduling, and other jobs regarding the database.
Monitoring space, database indexing, clustering and performance. Creating space or making adjustments if needed.
B. Possible Call / Support responsibilities:
- Ability to work on site at the various hospital and or remote sites when needed.
- Ability to support 24 hour / 365 day application.
- Ability to accommodate off hours maintenance and project based work hours.
A degree in Information Technology, Medical Technology or Pathology related degree is preferred.
Hospital laboratory or laboratory information systems (LIS) experience required.