Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks
- Coordinates daily office operations, perform various task for Patient office visits
- Prepares, transcribes, types and proofs a variety of memos, reports, correspondence and minutes
- Insurance verifications
- Collects and manipulates data to generate various reports for department, hospital and regulatory agencies. May develop own reports.
- Signs and issues routine administrative correspondence.
- Coordinates and schedules appointments, meetings, and conferences. Reserves conference rooms, sets up agenda and makes travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred. Three to four years secretarial and office experience.
- Experience working in a clinical setting
- Computer literacy with proficiency in word processing and database software. Some supervisory experience required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Medical Assistant certification
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.