Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
NURSING ADMINISTRATION - REQ#82411
Job Title: Per Diem Nurse Education Manager
The Nurse Education Manager is an advanced role involving the management, assessment, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of clinical and educational activities, including orientation, staff development and competency assessments.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the budget, including capital equipment allocation, and makes recommendations according to MSHS financial goals.
- Maintains, reviews and evaluates educational record keeping and reporting systems and modifies as necessary.
- Conducts and participates in meetings related to area of assignment.
- Conducts and participates in research activities including pilot studies/initiatives related to education, healthcare management, clinical practice and other associated areas.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
- Participates in the development of other staff members and shares behaviors in both in a written and verbal format to nursing leadership.
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
- Identifies learning strengths and needs of designated staff.
- Utilizes learning resources.
- Identifies and designs programs that facilitate organizational development.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of educational activities at the level of the learner, the department, and the institution.
- Develops, coordinates and implements activities to achieve educational objectives.
- Conducts reviews and evaluates educational needs assessments.
- Selects appropriate instructional strategies for educational programs.
- Designs, develops, and organizes training manuals, references, web-based and multi-media instructional aids, and other educational materials.
- Coordinates activities for maintaining educational materials.
- Acts as a trainer, facilitator, consultant, and supervisor to orientees.
- Supervises and coordinates the development and updating of orientation plans for assigned areas.
- Conducts orientation, in-service, competency and cardiac life support programs.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing.
- Masters degree in Nursing/Allied Health with experience in Nursing Education and/or Nursing Leadership.
- Professional Board certification in clinical specialty or staff development recommended.
- Demonstrated competence and progressive experience in Education and Management/ Administration and clinical specialty assigned
- NYS RN License and Registration
- MS Office Suite - basic