Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Patient Experience –Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Patient Experience Coach- Req # 82539
The Patient Experience Coach assists in driving patient experience initiatives and enhancing employee engagement for Mount Sinai employees, aligning teams around strategic priorities and values. Coaches deliver training curriculum, employee develop activity and provide continuous feedback to improve employee communication, teamwork, and engagement with the goal of improving safety, quality and experience as evidenced by measured outcomes and qualitative feedback.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with and actively coaches select areas and/or departments including/involving senior leadership, department managers, and frontline staff to develop and implement strategies and action plans to improve the patient experience and performance on surveys.
- Ensures development of positive, honest and meaningful relationships with frontline staffs, supervisors, and leadership.
- Uses techniques such as rounding, observation, huddles and coaching to address challenges and recognize team members who exemplify values and best practices.
- Facilitates group discussion, and leads participants in developing effective communication skills, teamwork and enabling groups toward shared common objectives and purpose.
- Conducts experiential-based skills development training with frontline staff through role playing and simulated patient interactions to facilitate the adoption of best practices.
- Provides classroom-style training based on best practices and strategic goals.
- Collects and analyzes patient feedback to identify ways to improve experience. Articulates data findings to internal customers, and uses it effectively to motivate and encourage team members.
- Serves as subject matter expert/coach on best practices.
- Partners closely with clinical, support services and patient experience leadership to implement new programs and strategic projects to improve care delivery across the entire care continuum
- Observes staff in actual patient interactions to assess adoption of evidence-based communication best practices.
- Provides constructive feedback to employee; shares findings with employee’s manager, recognizes employees who exemplify values and best practices.
- Effectively explains how improving the Patient Experience improves patient outcomes, patient safety, and employee satisfaction.
- Provides regular and consistent updates to supervisor on all training activities; shares pre- and post-training survey feedback and data and tracks employee participation.
- Proactively supports and co-develops programs and initiatives to enhance service recovery.
- Motivate and mentor team members and cultivate a positive environment through staff development and employee recognition programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare, organizational development, counseling, hospitality, or related field required.
- Two to four years of experience in related field. Experience coaching and delivering education programs to coworkers or other employees preferred. Experience in healthcare environments preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite-Intermediate
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.