Strength Through Diversity
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Patient Experience, the Patient Engagement Manager develops, implements, and manages patient experience improvement initiatives. This position oversees the Patient Experience Coach and collaborates with the other Patient Experience team throughout the system to assure consistent approach to improving the patient experience.
- Responsible for strategy and implementations of engagement initiatives for improvement for patients, leaders, physicians and employees.
- Manages the Patient Experience Coach; ensures development of positive, honest and meaningful relationships with frontline staffs, supervisors, and leadership.
- Collaborates with and actively coaches select areas and/or departments including/involving senior leadership, department managers, and frontline staff to develop and implement strategies and action plans to improve the patient experience and performance on surveys.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and department managers to develop reporting mechanisms and communication processes to assure all stakeholders are aware of, engaged in, and fully support patient experience improvement strategies.
- Effectively utilizes patient experience data and comments from a variety of sources (patient surveys, thank you letters, focus groups, advisory councils, complaint information, direct observation, manager/staff perspectives) to motivate and encourage team members.
- Ensures appropriate employee and department recognition of patient experience excellence through use of internal recognition programs and development of informal approaches to team and staff recognition.
- Utilizes knowledge of patient experience surveys and scores to develop and implement targeted training, coaching, and tactics.
- Responsible for building and supporting Patient and Family Advisory Councils and driving patient partnerships with our organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent office experience
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint