Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Real Estate
Job Title: Senior Project Manager Design & Construction
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) role, reporting to the Senior Director or Director of Construction, will monitor every phase of a construction project (up to $50M) from inception to occupancy, primarily in the health care environment. The SPM will be involved with high level strategic projects which include a new Comprehensive Behavioral Health Center of excellence in Downtown NY. The project involves gut renovation of an existing nursing home that will be transformed in to a state-of-the-art, community-oriented destination for behavioral health care. In addition to providing psychiatric inpatient care, this facility will bring integrated outpatient care for addictions, detoxification, rehabilitation, intensive crisis and respite, primary care, partial hospitalization and social service, all under one roof. When in operation, this facility will be one of its only kind in New York. Additionally, the SPM will have the opportunity to work on several multiyear capital projects that will broaden their network through the partnership of our high profile Design and Engineering teams that lead the nation in building and healthcare design.
- Conceptualizes projects, prepares feasibility studies and develops RFPs for hospital administration
- Develops space programs, designs fit plans to meet the needs of user departments
- Coordinates the activities of outside architectural and engineering design consultants on larger projects
- Manages the A/E team, prepares cost estimates, prepares Certificate of Need documentation, as well as being the liaison between the consultants and user groups
- Ensures that the A/E team is meeting all regulatory requirements and that the budget and schedule are adhered to
- Monitors the progress of moderate to difficult construction relative to schedule, cost and quality
- Effectively monitors contractors safety management program including PPE, ILSMs and ICRA
- Effectively monitors activities of construction schedule as the Owner’s representative
- Minimizes the disruption to hospital patients, staff and service due to construction
- Reviews bid documents, drawings and coordinates pre-bid activities
- Conducts periodic project management meetings with architectural and engineering consultant, contractors, subcontractors and user clients
- Makes timely decisions in the field as unexpected conditions arise
- Monitors contractor’s performance for compliance with plans and specifications and applicable codes
- Reviews and approves applications for payment, change orders and purchase requisitions
- Schedules shut down, tie-ins and in-house activities with Engineering
- Coordinates with Architect and Users on furniture an finish selections
- Coordinates and schedules work with other departments
- Coordinates move-in activities with user departments move coordinators
- Maintains complete project files through project close out
- Informs supervisor of status and issues of construction projects
- Examines construction work, reports findings, follows up with corrective work and prepares and monitors punch lists
- Responsible for managing costs to budget using standardized finance report
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience with emphasis on health care design and construction.
- Should have the capabilities to run a construction project, if required.
- Autocad experience a plus.
- Valid NYS architecture registration or professional engineering license preferred