Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Performs initial examinations and provides physical therapy intervention to a diverse patient population. Works under the supervision of the Therapy Manager (Inpatient/Acute) or Professional Practice Manager (Outpatient and Sports Therapy areas). This position is entry-level and part of a multi-disciplinary team, and has the opportunity to rotate across inpatient, outpatient and acute services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
2. Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries.
3. Provides training to families or care partners and medical personnel as indicated.
4. Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment in coordination with appropriate team members. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
5. Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
6. Attends all appropriate conferences, rounds, inservices and meetings.
7. Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is necessary as dictated by staffing needs.
8. Attends clinics as assigned.
9. Maintains therapy attendance records, patient charges and statistics.
10. Participates in the supervision of Rehab Patient Care Associates, volunteers, and students.
11. Must be a current member of the APTA.
12. Must follow all MSH policies and procedures.
Master’s Degree required, DPT preferred
0 – 1 year of experience
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Name: Physical Therapist Issuing Agency: Department of Health / Office of Professions