Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Chemotherapy Suite REQ #82711
Job Title: Per Diem RN
- Responsible for the care activities and goal achievements of assigned patients by assessing, diagnosing, planning and intervening in actual or potential health problems and evaluating patient's response to care. Responsible for health teaching and discharge planning. Acts as a member of a designated care team and collaborates, coordinates and guides team members in planning patient care activities. Demonstrates behaviors, which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and teaching skills of a professional nurse
- Conducts Nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient
- Ensures that the patient’s progress, or lack of progress, is reflected in progress notes and in the revised care plans
- Discharge planning consistent with the patient’s status and reflects inter-departmental and inter-agency communication
- Communicates information to the patient based on the patient’s level of awareness and readiness to learn
- Supports orientation of new staff members by observing professional behaviors, providing feedback to the staff member and by acting as a preceptor, role model and a resource person
- Functions as a professional role model and mentor for students and volunteers.
- Patient care assignments reflecting an awareness of patient needs and skill level of personnel
- Organization of provision of care to meets priority needs of patients and unit
- Communicates condition of patients and unit requiring additional intervention to the leadership person in the relevant discipline
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- Communicates with peers in an appraisal of practice as it relates to self and other nursing personnel
- Reflects a collaborative effort in meeting the needs of the patient and unit through communication and nursing actions
- Provides direction, assistance and support
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for completion and quality of assigned tasks
- Identifies and communicates to immediate supervisor the need for further staff education
- Reflects awareness of authorities and responsibilities of nursing management levels by communication with nursing leadership
- Seeks and utilizes nursing leaders as role models and resource persons
- Reflects collaborative effort in meeting patient and unit needs by communication with other disciplines
- Reflects the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing and the Hospital Center in communication and interaction with families and other groups
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or active matriculation in a Bachelors Degree in Nursing Program preferred.
- Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Specials skills/experience may be required in specialized areas.