Department Name - Administration
Job Title: Senior Director of Support Services
This role is responsible for assisting senior leadership with multiple support services. Responsibilities include directly focusing on Engineering, Security, Food, Biomedical Engineering, Environmental Services, Linen, Patient Transport and Imaging Services Mount Sinai Beth Israel. Specifically, the role will have responsibility for overall management for all personnel on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of inventory management, purchasing, ordering, quality control and improvement, financial management, cost savings, operational performance improvement and reporting for all departments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs.
- Oversees the daily operation of department, including creating and implementing production schedules, and/or tracking and reporting systems, managing work assignments and identifying and resolving issues
- Establishes goals and objectives for the department that are consistent with Mount Sinai Beth Israel policies and federal, state and local regulations. This may include defining the scope of specific departmental projects, and analyzing requirements to execute those projects successfully.
- Defines and documents procedures, identifies process and workflow changes for continuous improvement and implements best practices for greater efficiency. Provides process improvement assistance when needed, and evaluates and develops logical work flows where applicable.
- Collaborates with hospital and department senior leadership develop short term and long range plans. Also serves as primary point-of-contact for interdepartmental communications, where applicable, in order to maintain standards, implement improvements, define and measure progress and meet business objectives.
- Interprets and administers policies hiring, payroll, annual evaluations and competencies, placement and orientation of all staff.
- Reviews and approves all reclassifications, new positions and salary increases. Provides feedback on a regular basis. Identifies opportunities for continuing education and provides training. May design in house training materials and train employees when necessary.
- Provides oversight to management staff to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards.
- Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
- May be responsible for developing annual training schedules, and creating multi-disciplinary training curriculum throughout the Medical Center, if applicable, and is also responsible for maintaining records pertaining to those training sessions.
- May be responsible for creating, reviewing and/or updating policies and procedures pertaining to department specific goals and objectives.
- Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to assure the completion of the annual budget and financial monitoring
- Assures the financial systems are in place to properly run the department. Ensures compliance with MSMC policies and procedures.
- Implements quality assurance programs and oversees monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Commission of Accreditation Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and New York State and City Department of Health.
- May chair or participate in department committees.
- Performs other related duties
- Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans.
- Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department, unit or division.
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years of experience in health care finance or administration; experience in strategic planning and execution, formulating policy, building and developing financial plans, managing resources and leading successful teams
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skill
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Managerial skills including budgeting and finance
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.