Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Supply Chain
Job Title: Senior Sourcing Agent
Responsible for Strategic Sourcing which is the practice of supplier selection based on the total cost of ownership (TCO) approach. TCO extends from conception of need through to disposition and emphasizes on selection not on a first-cost basis, but on costs of the whole experience of the product/service and the impact to departments within the organization.
It calls for establishment of close client relationships to ensure needs, test policies driving demand, and establish open specifications. This is done through a Value analysis process. The sourcing leader will prepare all analysis and pertinent information for the Chair of the respective Value Analysis Team and will assist the chair in facilitating the meetings. While savings are the most commonly understood measure of its work, Strategic Sourcing adds significant value to clarity of specifications of need, integrity of the supplier selection process, open evaluations of purchasing alternatives, contract documentation, ease of supplier implementations, supplier performance measurement and reporting, and confidence the organization benefits from decisions made on a TCO basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s Service and Financial Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Assess Needs and Initiate Sourcing Projects. Initiates new projects based on high spend profile, potential for savings, upcoming contract expirations, supplier impacts and capital projects. Assist internal clients specify needs and define supplier performance expectations. Analyze and validate policies and practices driving demand
- Defines sourcing strategies that optimize value in light of client needs and market conditions; Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes; Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Assess most beneficial means to access markets and drive the supplier behavior accordingly
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Market Evaluations - Gathers and interprets market and competitive intelligence through formal and informal processes. Advocates competitive decision-making in the most efficient, least resource-intense process. Evaluates supplier capabilities to meet our needs through fair and thorough techniques.
- Supplier Selection- Establishes business cases supporting sourcing recommendations based on input from various sources; Discover and partner with trustworthy, credentialed, vendors and suppliers; Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Project Management-Possesses the ability to lead projects using the full complement of resources available within the hospital. Must be able to interact with all areas of the project team and direct them to project completion. Applies project management skills that achieve project timing, and service and savings objectives.
- Analyzation Skills-Must possess the skills to interpret and analyze data both financially and clinically in order to present and interpret outcomes; Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking; Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure. Must be able to explain and convey data to all end users.
- Implementation and Supplier Relationship Management - Partners with internal clients to implement efficient ordering routines that include appropriate controls. Assists departments implement sourcing changes, especially if moving to a new supplier and for more significant spends and services.
- Authors policies that drive demand and introduce and enforce appropriate behaviors in relation to suppliers
- Contract Background-Must be able to negotiate contracts, terms and conditions, and ramifications of contractual verbiage as it relates to the product, service, supplier in question and those ramifications within the hospital. Develop contracts supporting our business requirements, including clearly defined service expectations/goods specifications, performance measurement practices and shortfall remedies
- Management of the Value Analysis Process – Must be able to manage and lead numerous Value Analysis projects in order to ensure timely completion according to the Value Analysis Pipeline. Partners with the Value Analysis Sourcing Leaders and Committee Chairs to mitigate duplication of effort and propose new corporate opportunities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Builds Partnerships - Developing and leveraging relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
- Bachelor's required, Master’s in Business Administration or Master’s in Science or Healthcare related field preferred
- Certified Materials Resource Professional (CMRP) or other recognized certification preferred.