Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, liability, or other financial activities within the department.
- Prepares, examines, or analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Advises on accounting problems and assists subordinate employees with work.
- Performs maintenance of General Ledger to make sure all the errors are corrected timely for the month-end close. Reviews monthly financial ledgers of assigned accounts.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations and analysis.
- Reconciliation of the fixed asset ledger and depreciation analysis. Reviews any discrepancies between budgeted and forecasted amounts.
- As applicable to area, monitors Capital Projects budgets for the School, FPA or Hospital, including budget setup forms and various adjustments.
- Review of Capital project management charges.
- Performs monthly Capital Budget Report and details summary.
- Performs analysis and monitors Capital Software projects.
- Maintenance of the intercompany advances and related interest charges;
- Calculation/accounting for capitalized interest, capital leases and deferred financing charges.
- Control over escrow accounts and maintaining justification for drawdowns.
- Prepares journal entries and reviews to ensure accuracy of figures.
- Maintains budgeting systems which provide controls for expenditures. Reports to management regarding the finances of department.
- Oversees compliance reporting with primary lenders on a quarterly basis.
- Analyzes “all in” cost of capital in debt financing, involving a degree of monitoring of commercial paper rates and various banking fees which fluctuate on a periodic basis.
- Assists with the Financial Results Package preparation and produces various analyses.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 years experience in Accounting