- Act as liaison to strengthen the relationship between the Medical Center and patients and their families, effect resolution to problems, and assist in potential crisis situations.
- Receives and responds to referrals from patients/families, professionals and administrative staff and the community.
- Assist and responds to crisis situations, and reactions of patients/families.
- Explains risks and benefits to patients, ensuring that all necessary precautions and alternatives were discussed.
- Advises patient/families of “Patient’s Bill of Rights” and of patient’s responsibilities.
- Assists in cases where patient is threatening to leave the hospital against medical advice.
- Responds to patient problems, concerns and unmet needs to promote patient satisfaction with services. Investigates complaints through interviews with hospital personnel and reviews pertinent documentation including patient charts.
- Interviews patients and families in cases of possible hospital liability. Documents (for hospital records) the problem, service provided, and action taken. Services to objectively resolve grievances.
- Explains resolution of problems or concerns to patient/families and to appropriate hospital personnel.
- Participates in orientation and in-service educational problems to employees, medical students, and volunteers in relation to the Patient’s Bill of Rights, patient perception of care and staff sensitivity to patient records.
- Provides Notary Public Services to patients.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 2 years of patient and/or health care relations or other related experience. With BA/BS, 3 years without degree but BA/BS is preferred Bilingual candidates preferred
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Needs to be able to work in an interdisciplinary modality and effectively create solutions for complicated patient concerns.
- Have working knowledge of medical terms and familiarity with hospital protocols, and Patient Rights/Responsibilities
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!