The Training Specialist I organizes, prepares and conducts IT training courses for end users, working closely with the applications team in understanding the configuration of each system, and supports end users in ongoing use of the system. This individual may also conduct training sessions for IT personnel on system and process updates.
Duties and Responsibilities ______
1. Organizes, prepares and conducts training courses and orientation sessions for client personnel (IT and end users).
2. Maintains and prepares records on attendance, employee progress and program effectiveness.
3. May assist in the development and preparation of new training courses and materials.
4. May catalogue and maintain manuals and other training materials for training library.
5. Support end-users via on-site support, telephone, or pager coverage.
6. Works with application team through the entire life cycle of the implementation to become knowledgeable in decisions affecting use of the system and specific configuration for each implementation.
7. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Experience Requirements ____________
Two years of experience in training in an IT environment, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Should have some teaching or training experience.
Licensing and Certification Requirements ____________
Computer Skills ____________
MS Office Suite (please check one): (basic) (intermediate) (advanced)
Other: Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate proficiency; Relevant I.T. training
General Skills and Competencies
1.Must be highly skilled in oral and written communications.
2.Requires strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with clients and IT personnel.