The Practice Manager provides operational and administrative support to physicians and practice administrators regarding policies and procedures, billing related training, contractual relationships with managed care organizations, capital procurement and space allocation. Serves as a liaison with all levels of Mount Sinai Medical Center to ensure efficient delivery of non-financial services to practices of participating physicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates planning, training and implementation of conversion of new practices to the billing system. Works with administrator to develop and prepares the billing implementation plan.
2. Establishes practice site procedures to ensure the efficient flow input data and billing.
3. Develops and supervises the preparation and implementation of new uniform training programs for billing activities and performance measurement.
4. Serves as liaison and communicates to Administrators, physicians and other to modify third party reimbursement and proposes modifications in service delivery arrangement.
5. Plans and coordinates capital equipment procurement for practices. Ensures that all necessary support services are provided. Coordinates space allocation in the building.
6. Serves as liaison to all levels of the Medical Center and School including department heads and chairmen to ensure that non-financial services are provided and outstanding issues are resolved.
7. Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
8. Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
9. Reviews and evaluates manual and computerized practice office support system such as scheduling, telephone answering, dictation, medical records, etc.
10. Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
11. Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
12. Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
13. Performs other related duties.
Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field
Bachelor’s degree preferred
5 years medical insurance experience including medical office administration, benefit verification
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.