Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing staff, operations and resources within a department or division to ensure optimal result and high employee engagement. The Manager ensures that the department is run according to institutional policies and any applicable regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees operations within assigned department or division; uses data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes. Ensures that all operations run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
2. Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department or division on a regular basis. Assigns accountabilities, delegates tasks and responsibilities, and plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
3. Develops, maintains and reconciles departmental budget with financial responsibility and oversight for department or division.
4. Plans, develops, and/or maintains departmental standard operating procedures. Regularly reviews policies and procedures and makes changes, or recommends changes to superiors as necessary.
5. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
H.S. Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
5 years directly related experience