Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
To supervise, plan, and coordinate the activities and operations of the MRI department. Coordinate assigned activities with other departments, divisions, and the general public. Provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance.
- Performs MRI studies, in the absence of technical staff, when necessary.
- Ensure proper safety procedures are carried out within the MRI department.
- Supervises, oversees, organizes and directs work of assigned subordinates engaged in performing routine radiology procedures.
- Maintains quality control.
- Ensures completed studies are dictated and finalized in a timely manner.
- Establishes work priorities, in accordance with established daily assignments, or work assignments in response to patient load or malfunctioning equipment.
- Prepares and maintains work schedules, adjusting schedule as necessary to work out difficulties caused by illness, vacations, emergence situations, backlog of patient, examinations, etc. Assigns break and mealtime coverage.
- Coordinate the scheduling of employee vacations and holidays, ensuring that staffing is adequate for projected work load.
- Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Reviews employee payroll, calculating time worked and ensuring time off is appropriately recorded. May authorize overtime work for subordinates depending on assigned shifts. Maintains time and attendance records.
- Completes and submits annual employee evaluations for all staff under his/her direction.
- Interviews and recommends hiring, discipline and when necessary, discharge of subordinates. Work with employees to correct deficiencies. Trains, reviews and evaluates work of subordinates.
- Ensures efficient and timely work flow to keep patient waiting to a minimum.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and administering department policies and procedures pertaining to work processes, rules, scheduling of subordinates and safety procedures.
- Ensures supplies are ordered and maintains adequate levels of approved supplies necessary to perform radiology procedures. Participates in evaluating quality and cost effectiveness of new or replacement supplies.
- Ensures equipment in assigned areas is maintained in safe, operating condition, recommending when necessary repair of equipment. Performs quality control testing monthly in each radiographic room. Informs appropriate personnel of needed repairs to equipment.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationship with physicians and patient care departments to gather and exchange information, resolve problems such as and improve services provided.
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, and teamwork.
- Provides orientation for new employees with on-going performance review.
- Act as educational resource and is available for consultation with medical, technical, nursing and administrative staff.
- Develop effective procedures which ensure that requested studies are performed within 24 hours.
- Lead employees within functional area to achieve results. Leads by example, and is role model.
- Maintain patient/employee confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain competence during the year in accordance with hospital standards, and includes in-service and continuing education.
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Graduate of an J.R.C.E.R.T. approved School of Radiologic Technology.
Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Formal technical training in an imaging specialty to include MR physics and cross sectional anatomy. 3 years of progressive technical experience in MRI. 1 year supervisory experience.
New York State License (L.R.T.). ARRT registry in MRI (MRI Certification)