Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Materials Coordinator- Materials Management- Requisition #83039
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of procurement of equipment and clinical supplies within the nursing units. This individual coordinates, maintains and orders most medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and analyzes equipment usage and needs in order to maintain adequate equipment and supply level.
- Orders and maintains par levels of all supplies and equipment. Works closely with medical and nursing staff to ensure that proper supplies are in appropriate units and available.
- Arranges for the rental of medical and surgical equipment and develops a tracking system in conjunction with the Purchasing Department according to policies and procedures.
- Participates in environmental rounds and responsible for smoke test of insulation rooms and maintenance logs for refrigerators.
- Coordinates repairs of equipment by appropriately tagging and taking equipment to designated area.
- Reports problematic or broken equipment to appropriate department.
- Attends or performs in-services in the hospital as required.
- Provides coverage to other units as necessary.
- Maintains a safe, clean and functional environment to as per the medical center’s policies.
- Performs other related duties.
HS/HED required; Associates degree preferred
2 years minimum experience in materials management
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
Microsoft Office - Beginner
General Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to set priorities, problem solve and use judgment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.