Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Participates in the application of the nursing process to an assigned group of patients. Demonstrates those behaviors which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment, and technical skills of a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Performs job duties under supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse
- Demonstrates a competent level of technical skill
- Makes recommendations in the application of the nursing process
- Participates in planning, and administers direct patient care
- Performs nursing procedures as defined in the nursing procedure manual
- Administers medication as defined in nursing policy
- Transcribes orders as necessary
- Carries out physicians and nursing orders
- Makes, reports and records observations on assigned patients
- Observes and reports any signs and symptoms of change in a patient’s condition to the appropriate person
- Participates in health teaching to patients and families
- Establishes an environment that promotes optimum physical and emotional comfort
- Contributes specified data to nursing data base
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
- BCLS/BLS certification required.
- 1+ year as Licensed Practical nurse preferred
- Licensed and currently registered or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.