Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
To perform radiographic examinations on patients referred by physicians in accordance with Radiology protocols
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs routine radiological procedures.
2. Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and the patients’ needs.
3. Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform radiological procedures
4. Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure, the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may need.
5. Ensures all radiographic images are appropriately labeled as specified by the department SOP.
6. Demonstrates radiographically visible evidence of shielding in all instances where appropriate, especially pediatrics.
7. Employs radiation protection measures, to include collimation on all images, and follows departmental protocols to keep exposure of patients and hospital personnel to a minimum.
8. Ensures all images are appropriately labeled as specified by the department SOP.
9. Assists physician directly as required.
10. Evaluates radiographs for technical acceptability and ensures images are transmitted to PACS in a timely fashion.
11. Ensures Radiology room and equipment cleanliness, at the start and at the end of the shift, to include removal of soiled or dirty linen.
12. Maintains supplies and accessories in imaging room necessary to safely perform duties, as required.
13. Accurately records all required patient tracking information into IDX (Radiology Information System).
14. Schedules exams into IDX (Radiology Information System) as required.
15. Ensures that all studies performed are completed in IDX (Radiology Information System) in a timely fashion.
16. Calls for in-patients as required.
17. Performs related clerical duties in the absence of support personnel.
18. Informs supervisor or appropriate personnel of needed repairs to equipment or unsafe conditions.
19. Supervises radiology students assigned to his/her clinical area.
20. Prevents the spread of infection to self, patients, visitors, and other employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocol.
21. Attends in-services and other professional development meetings as required.
22. Maintains in good standing, licensure specific to job to include adherence to Article 35 of the Public Health Code.
Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Licensed by the State of New York