Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Info Serviced Computer Operations - Req # 83090
Senior IT Director - End User Support
The Senior Director of Information Technologies is responsible for planning designing and implementing information systems and technologies for large and/or multiple areas of the organization. Other responsibilities include research, development and application of new information system technologies to support the goals of managing and operating the organization. This role has specific responsibilities for leading and managing a large team (75+ staff) of End User Computing technology professionals who provide 24x7 technical support for 30,000+ employees across Mount Sinai Health System.
- Directs the utilization of information system resources and plans, designs, and implements organization wide information systems and technologies for large and/or multiple areas of the organization.
- Assigns and coordinates the work of Information Technologies staff, contractors and vendors. Provides overall technical leadership within a structure that is consistently expanding through organization wide system development and departmental utilization of desktop/laptop computers, peripherals, mobile devices, etc.
- Coordinates planning, design, implementation, and technical support of information systems, networks, and departmental applications and related processes.
- Collaborates with Senior Executives in establishing organizational goals for information systems support and technologies.
- Directs the development of the Information Technologies operating budget and maintains necessary controls to assure compliance with budgeted expenses, resources, and staff projections.
- Collaborates with various Engineering teams for the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems), policies and procedures.
- Develops staff and monitor programs to support production services including staffing, standards, productivity analysis, cost factors, benefits realization, and operations processing.
- Ensures the provision of cost efficient information services and support. Anticipate developments in fields of information technology. Write recommendations for management review of enhancements to existing services and support through ongoing review.
- Responsible for building teams to provide excellent customer support and ability to manage escalations from various end users (Nurses, Doctors, VIPs, Execs, etc).
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and/or Information Systems with course work in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's preferred.
- ITIL certifications and/or Microsoft certifications preferred.
- 10-15 years of progressive information systems management experience preferably in a health care field.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and executive presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong skills in Excel (Pivot tables, Reporting, etc)
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of individuals
- Attention to details