Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Special Procedures Technician – Radiology CAT scan Diagnostics – Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities:
Operating diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system (angio-cardiograms) during cardiac catheterization to aid Physician in diagnostic evaluation and treatment.
- Ensures optimal film quality
- Ensures radiation safety as a primary concern, operates the x-ray equipment for each procedure
- Ensures that processor is always maintained in the ready position while cases are in progress
- Ensures cine film processed at end of case or upon request of cardiologists
- Replenishes magazine with cine film to be ready for subsequent cases
- Produces CD ROM’S and VHS recordings
- Labels each patient’s cine film storage can and fills out file card with patient’s name, date of procedure, cine and medical number
- Enters all patients into procedure book for the cath labs
- Retrieves angiograms from storage
- Cleans film processor after the cases are completed and makes sure there is enough chemicals mixed in the replenishing tanks
- Replenishes supplies in the lab as necessary and performs preventative maintenance on equipment utilizing an understanding of the mechanical workings
- Notifies lab supervisor of any serious malfunctions
- Performs as circulating technologist in the cath lab
- Operates power injector for large volume dye contrast injections
- Operates equipment for right heart catherizations and additional equipment as requested by cardiologists
- Assists in lab by setting up in a sterile field, equipment and instruments
- Prepping and draping patient for catheterization, pericardiocentesis, and arm cases
- High School graduation or its equivalent
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities
- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.