Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Supervises, oversees, organizes and directs work of assigned subordinates engaged in performing Neuro / IR Vascular imaging procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks.
- Performs Specialized IR/Neuro Radiographic procedures, as necessary.
- Ensures completed studies are dictated and finalized in a timely manner.
- Establishes work priorities, in accordance with established daily assignments, or work assignments in response to patient load or malfunctioning equipment.
- Prepares and maintains work schedules, adjusting schedule as necessary to work out difficulties caused by illness, vacations, emergence situations, backlog of patient, examinations, etc. Assigns break and mealtime coverage.
- Coordinate the scheduling of employee vacations and holidays, ensuring that staffing is adequate for projected work load.
- Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Reviews employee payroll, calculating time worked and ensuring time off is appropriately recorded. May authorize overtime work for subordinates depending on assigned shifts
- Completes and submits annual employee evaluations for all staff under his/her direction.
- Interviews and recommends hiring, discipline and when necessary, discharge of subordinates. Work with employees to correct deficiencies. Trains, reviews and evaluates work of subordinates.
- Ensures efficient and timely work flow to keep patient waiting to a minimum, and develops effective procedures which ensure that requested studies are performed within 24 hours.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and administering department policies and procedures pertaining to work processes, rules, scheduling of subordinates and safety procedures.
- Ensures supplies are ordered and maintains adequate levels of approved supplies necessary to perform radiology procedures. Participates in evaluating quality and cost effectiveness of new or replacement supplies.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationship with physicians and patient care departments to gather and exchange information, resolve problems such as and improve services provided.
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, and teamwork.
- Provides orientation for new employees with on-going performance review.
- Act as educational resource and is available for consultation with medical, technical, nursing and administrative staff.
- Lead employees within functional area to achieve results. Leads by example, and is role model.
- Maintain patient/employee confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain competence during the year in accordance with hospital standards, and includes in-service and continuing education.
- Prevents the spread of infection to self, patients, visitors, and other employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocol.
- Attends in-services and other professional development meetings as required.
- Maintains in good standing, licensure specific to job to include adherence to Article 35 of the Public Health Code.
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Graduate of an AMA/J.C.E.R.T. approved program in Radiologic Technology.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Angiography or Cardiac Catheterization.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience (Preferred).
- Excellent technical skills, knowledge of cross sectional anatomy, physiology and positioning.
Licensing and Certification Requirements
- New York State License (L.R.T.).
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. (ARRT)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (CT and / or VI)