Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical, reception and telephone
- Manage faculty practice appointments, schedule
patients for providers, check in and check out
- Collect patient demographics and insurance
information and enter into Epic system
- Verify patient’s insurance coverage prior to
patient’s appointment and advise patient of any insurance referrals needed
- Acquire insurance authorizations if required
- Prepare and collect completed new patient forms,
scan all documents and upload to EMR
- Collect patient copayments/coinsurance/deductible/account
balance, post in the system, and prepare TOS deposits for Sinai Central
- May initiate reminder calls for next day
- May act as liaison with other administrative
staff to address patient concerns or other coverage and billing issues
- Review all visit related information in the
system for charge accuracy
- Perform other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED required
Associates Degree strongly preferred
2-4 years administrative experience in health care practice environment required
Experience in: appointment scheduling, insurance verification, patient check in/out, registration, work queue, collecting co-pays, obtaining authorizations, etc.
Experience with EPIC system preferred
Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and commercial insurance billing and ICD/CPT codes for Psychiatry services preferred.
Microsoft Office - Intermediate
General Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.