Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Reporting to the Director of Social Media, the Social Media Manager will assist in developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic, encouraging participation, and assisting in the management of Mount Sinai’s digital reputation. This role collaborates with The Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary departments and coordinates with the Marketing and PR teams to support their respective missions, ensuring a consistent message to the public about the institutions mission, vision and values in the global community.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Social Media in executing campaign strategies
- Write, produce and distribute multiple posts per day to promote service areas, physicians, nurses, students, leadership, events, research and initiatives.
- Manage content calendars and leverage social media platforms and audiences to promote content for the various social media platforms and blogs.
- Knowledge of social media content management systems and related platforms.
- Monitor daily social media conversation and interact with users in real-time, as well has high profile reputation management requests routinely and in crisis situations
- Possess a strong understanding of social media analytics and use data to make informed decisions and improvements for increasing the Mount Sinai Health System social media presence.
- Create and edit images and social graphics using Adobe Photoshop and other advanced software platforms
- Attend and promote events in real-time and assists stakeholders with social media publicity opportunities
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of best practices and developments in social media and management platforms, and make recommendations to promote continuous improvement and innovation.
- Research new social media platform opportunities to expand Mount Sinai’s social media presence
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
Minimum of 2-3 years experience in the management of social media profiles and campaigns. Hands on experience in web editing, social media and the development of web products.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.