Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Patient Financial Services/Charge
Job Title: Senior Charge Capture Specialist
Responsible for reviewing and maintaining CDM, ensuring all data elements are accurate and comply with all payors requirements. Provides education regarding documentation requirements to improve coding quality and ensure accurate and complete capture of maximum revenue.
- Maintain CDM (Charge Description Master) and/or other pertinent regulations and policies, ensuring all data elements are accurate and comply with all payor and regulatory requirements.
- Review and interpret various regulatory billing and coding updates, to remain compliant and accurate to minimize misbillings.
- Resolve issues that arise from information submitted and revenue cycle issues.
- Provide validation reviews, audits, documentation and training for the area of knowledge, sharing information with Finance, Medical Records and other revenue producing areas or departments.
- Provides training and mentorship to specific revenue producing departments.
- Experience with electronic health records. Working knowledge of Epic is preferred.
- Previous experience working NCCI billing edits.
- Knowledge of third party payer contracting language and reimbursement terms.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiar with multiple (widely used) healthcare patient accounting/billing systems.
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Office Suite, Internet Explorer, and Database Management application software.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations.
- Chargemaster/CDM knowledge
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Associates Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Coding certificate/licensure preferred.
- 2 years of experience in medical practice/outpatient coding and /or medical practice business office or patient accounts experience is preferred.