Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Patient Business Representative conducts interviews with patients to determine insurance status and/or eligibility for public benefit programs, maintains accurate data on patient billing issues, and assists in the day-to-day clinic operations.
- Interviews patients about finances to determine insurance status and/or eligibility for public benefit programs
- Collects documents and assists patients in applying for benefit programs when needed
- Assigns patients to the appropriate payment category and assures that this information is available for all patients in the database
- Coordinates patient access to services (i.e, financial, transportation, etc.)
- Follows-up with patients to track their position in the application process as needed
- High School Diploma required, BA preferred
- Prior experience with and a knowledge of public benefits preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Computer experience (wordprocessing, database) and experience with medical terminology preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.