Strength Through Diversity.
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to Emergency Room patients.
· Nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient.
- Develops a goal oriented care plan based on the nursing assessment, with participation of patient and significant others.
- Nursing actions are consistent with the care plan and medical regimen and hospital procedures
- Demonstrates a competent level of technical skill which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and technical skills of professional nursing.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing preferred.
- Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice. Special skills/experience may be required in specialized areas.
- Registered Nurse License and current registration in New York State.
- Minimum 1 year RN and previous emergency and/or critical care experience in a hospital setting. Critical thinking skills. BCLS/ACLS/PALS certification required, Certification and EKG skills required.
- Special skills/experience required in the Emergency Room including: remote telemetry, ability to interpret and treat arrhythmias per ACLS protocols, Intervene in cardiac arrest, pain management, management of all categories of diseases, administration of IV antiarrhythmic drugs, EKG interpretation, IV Therapy, IV/Phlebotomy, remote telemetry, triage experience, ability to work well in a stressful environment.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health
System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common
devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the
city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join
us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.