Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
All day. Every Day. You work tirelessly to treat our patients. You build and foster meaningful relationships. You strike the right balance between empathy and excellence, compassion and professionalism.
By combining autonomous, passionate care giving with state-of-the-art technology, you are winning awards, advancing patient care and crafting the future of your nursing practice in the 21st century.
Nurses are the heart of healthcare — compassionate collaborators with valued expertise and voices who provide and coordinate relationship-centered care on a 24/7 basis. You are empowered to build harmonious partnerships on behalf of each patient and family member that entrust us with their care.
Roles & Responsibilities
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care
- At least one year of acute care RN experience required
- Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice is critical for success
- Medical / Surgical RN experience preferred - Oncology experience highly referred
- ACLS / BCLS certification required
- ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Certificate Course highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license (or willingness and eligibility to obtain)
- The Clinical Nurse – Med/Surg (M/S) is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
- As an Adult Medical Surgical Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for managing the care of the adult patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
- Provides direct, continuous care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process - based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- The Adult Med/Surg RN reports directly to the Medical Surgical Nurse Manager.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.